Resources Related to Graphic Design
Graphic Design Principles
Additional Info on CRAP Principles
These are additional videos and articles about principles of design. I would imagine you don't have time to read/see each, but I encourage you to at least peruse a couple of them.
- Article 1
- "Build Better User Experience With C.R.A.P. Design Principles" -- A blog article from a web design company. Excellent real-world examples of each principle. I especially like the ones on repetition.
- Article 2
- "C.R.A.P. Design Principles to Improve Visual Appeal"-- While the examples are not so visually compelling, the information provided in this article is spot on and helpful.
- Video 1
- 6 minutes of audio visuals that get to the point and keeps your attention.
- Video 2
- Another video that quickly explains the principles and provides vivid and relevant examples.
Image Design Hands-on
- Photopea Introductory Skills exercise
- Photopea Compositing exercise
- Photopea Classwork (Participation category)
- Photopea Homework (Homework category)
- 11/16/20 - Fade to gradient
- Steps for Selective Coloring
- Isolating background part 1;
- Isolating background part2
- Magnetto Lasso for isolating
- Combining raster and vector imagery
Free Stock Images
These are mostly with transparent background. They'll come in handy with some of our Processing activities.
- PngImg.com: no sign-in needed; includes photo-quality images; user friendly; categories to browse; not good with filters.
- pngtree.com: Must register, and limited to 2 free per day; huge library, but not as many photo quality images.
- pnghost.com: Must register, limited 2 free per day; only about 25% photo-realistic images
- freetransparent.com: Asks for attribution; also about 25% photo-realistic
- Other copyright free Image Resources