Photoshop Lesson 6
How to Create Web Buttons
Objective: To create one or more simple buttons
to be used on the web for linking in a web page.
- Start a new file with a size of 150 X 35 pixels.
You can make it smaller if you like
- On the Layers palette, double click "Background" to make it a regular layer.
- Change the Foreground color by clicking the "Set Foreground Color" button on the toolbar.
- Then fill entire canvas by clicking on the Paint Bucket
tool or by pressing ALT-Backspace.
- To create button effect:
- Click on Layer 0 (from the Layers palette)
- Choose LAYERS/Layer Style/Bevel & Emboss
- For Style, choose Inner Bevel
If necessary, change the Size and the Soften options
- Choose the Text tool. Change the text color. Then type your
Text size will probably be between 10 & 16pt, depending on your font.
- To align text horizonatally and vertically,
Save your file twice:
- Simply eyeball it.
- Resize and move as necessary until the text and button look even .
- once as a photoshop file
then again as a jpeg format.
To create the remaining buttons:
type some new text
- save again as a new jpg file
Extra Information Only For CSCI-114, Fall 2012
In the end, you will have 5 buttons, labeled as shown below.
Home Magazine Ad Calendar PSA Ad Photoshop Designs
To submit them as your Test#2, upload all buttons to OAKS under the Dropbox called "Test #2"
The deadline is Friday, Nov. 16, 2012 by the end of your class period.