Overview: This is a simpler version of the video you just watches. It also introduces you to Photoshop Styles. You can choose any theme you wish.
- Obtain an image from an online sources. It's best to choose copyright free image in case you decide to publish it later.
- If you have the image on your clipboard, choose FILE/New. Create. Then paste the image.
- Alternatively, it's okay to OPEN an image rather than COPY/PASTE.
- Make sure that the image is less than 800px widt. (Click IMAGE/Image Size)
- To get the white semi-circle:
- Create a new layer. (see Layers panel)
- Use the Elliptical marquee to draw an oval.
- Choose SELECT/Modify/Feather, about 25.
- To fill with your foreground, press
[ALT-BACKSPACE]. Or, to fill with your background, press [CTRL-BACKSPACE].
- Use Move Tool to push circle partially off the canvas.
- Use the Type tool to type text in at least two separate text boxes fore easy manipulation.
- Apply a style to the text. To get to the Styles panel, click WINDOW/Styles. It opens with the basic set of styles. Click the Options Menu to see more.