Overview: Use InDesign to create a certificate that looks similar to the illustration below. While it is important for you to represent the required skills in your design, your layout and text need not be identical to the certificate shown below.
- Be sure to watch the demonstration videos first.
- Start a new document by choosing FILE>New. Then choose Landscape orientation.
- Use Text tool to type words such as “Certificate of Completion”
- Change the font, size as desired.
- Change the alignment to center.
- In a separate textbox, type something such as:
This certificate is awarded to
for successful completion of Adobe InDesign Tutorial,
presented at the College of Charleston January 30, 2020
- Use Line tool and then Text Tool to create signature area such as:
President, Your Name
- Use Polygon tool to draw a starburst that has about 25 sides and 28% inset.
- Fill the starburst with a color. Double click the Fill swatch
- Use the Text tool to type a word such as Excellence. Then drag it on top of the starburst.
- Add a frame to it by drawing a Rectangle around the entire page.
- Fill the Rectangle with a color.
- Then move it to the back (OBJECT>Arrange)
- Draw a second rectangle around the margin area.
- Change the corner to a fancy shape by choosing OBJECT>Corner options. Turn on Preview (or type “w” to see results.
Get it ready to Submit:
Save the file as a .PDF by choosing:
- Choose “Files of Type” at bottom of screen. Then choose .PDF
- Click Export.
It is also a good idea to export it as a JPG file since it will also be added to your website in April.
For now, go ahead and submit any version to the Expressions Repository dropbox.