This exercise contains skills similar to those in Project 8 of the textbook. You will follow the instructions in order to create the flyer shown below.
AGAIN, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL SUBMIT THIS AS ONE OF YOUR TWO HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS.
To assure that you learn the skills for the chapter, you’ll need to follow each step as precisely as possible. It is unusual for me to ask you to mimic my design, but in this case I need to see a demonstration of specific skills. Even in following the instructions given in the videos, you'll still have some room for originality.
For the most part, don't worry about whether you like my design or if it looks old fashioned or anything like that. The instructions are jam packed with skills that can benefit you in InDesign, Photoshop, or any graphic software.
In an attempt to keep each video short and easy to consume, I will break the activity up into several videos.
PRELIMINARY STEPS BEFORE WATCHING THE VIDEOS:
Gather 3 images and Save them. The images that you use must be copyright free. Therefore, read the information on copyright before getting started.
- Search for a US flag, at least 400px wide
- Search for Ravenel Bridge, at least 800px wide
- Download this SC flag. You must use this one because it is a Photoshop file that has a clipping path built in. (By the way, you DO NOT NEED Photoshop software for this. You'll be displaying the flag in InDesign.)
Watch and follow these videos
(Remember you can speed them up if you wish. Also, note that the videos have a nice popout feature which allows you to play the videos in a self-contained little window. )
- Video 1: background setup
- Video 2: color definitions
- Video 3: special effects
- Video 4: clipping path
- Video 5: text, part 1
- Video 6: text, part 2
- PDF, remaining instructions
Save (Export) as a PDF file.
Upload to the Dropbox called "Mod 5: Campaign Flyer." No writeup needed.
The due date is Friday, February 12