This exercise contains skills similar to those in Project 8 of the textbook. Following the instructions, you will create the flyer shown below. When completed, you are to upload it into your Expressions Repository. To make sure that you learn the skills for the chapter, you’ll need to follow each step as precisely as possible. Then when you’re done, please feel free to modify the design as much as desired. It will be graded as Pass/Fail, which gives you lots of latitude to be express yourself by going above and beyond.
In an attempt to keep each video short and easy to consume, I will break the activity up into several videos.
PRELIMINARY STEPS BEFORE WATCHING THE VIDEOS:
Gather 3 images and Save them. The images that you use must be copyright free. Therefore, read the information on copyright before getting started.
- Search for US flag, at least 400px wide
- Search for Ravenel Bridge, at least 800px wide
- Download this SC flag. You must use this one because it is a Photoshop file that has a clipping path built in.
Watch and follow these videos
- Video 1: background setup
- Video 2: color definitions
- Video 3: special effects
- Video 4: clipping path
- Video 5: text, part 1
- Video 6: text, part 2
- PDF, remaining instructions