HTML5 Chapters 1 – 4
Chapters 1-4 are covered on the test.
Study the following Test #1:
- Your written notes
- Checkpoint questions within each chapter.
- Review Questions at the end of chapters.
Be sure to understand the content of the questions and answers from end-of-chapter. They may be worded differently than stated in the textbook.
- It wouldn't hurt to go through the Flash Cards at http://webdevfoundations.net. This will help you to recognize definitions and HTML elements that you might see in objective questions.
A few examples of essay questions are:
- Why is HTML validation important? Discuss.
- Write two comments -- one in CSS and one in HTML.
- As a user, what are some tips for evaluating reliability? Also, can you envision what you can do as a developer to make your info appear more trusted?
- What is a URL? What is the anatomy of it? What parts are case sensitive in most operating systems?
- Discuss the genesis and evolution of the Internet. Address questions such as when and why it started, what government agency and other types of or organizations were involved initially, and what innovation in the early 90’s helped to heighten its popularity.
- What are the differences between the roles of the W3C and the IETF?
- What is Universal Design? Give an example NOT related to web design. Also, is it important to web developers? Explain your answer.
- Name and describe the 3 of the 4 methods of incorporating Cascading Style Sheets (It's sometimes referred to as types of CSS. Your description should include how they are applied and how they are written.
- Write the code to configure a webpage to associate an external stylesheet called freestyles.css.
- Write the code to configure a class called “special” with #0033dd color of text and a 140% line height.
- Why should image height and width attributes be included in the <img> element?
- Name the 3 types of images commonly used on the web. Also, discuss their major characteristics.
- What does it mean to optimize and image, and how do you go about doing it?
A few examples of Multiple Choice questions are:
- Which of the following tags should NOT be located in the head section?
- All the tags listed above should be coded in the head section
- Which of the following is used to apply a style to only one area on a web page?
- Which one of the following organizations coordinates applications for new Top Level Domains (TLDs)?
- Which of the following graphic types can be made transparent?
- Choose the special character that is used to indicate a blank space.
- none of the above
- What tag pair is used to create the smallest heading?
- <h10> </h10>
- <h6> </h6>
- <h1> </h1>
- <head type=“smallest”> </head>