Study Guide Spring 2018
HTML Chapters 5, 6, and 7, 10 &
some remaining topics from Chapter 4
Chapters 5, 6, 7 & 10 are covered on the test.
Also, from Chapter 4, whatever we covered since last test
Study the following Test #2:
- Your written notes
- All of the Checkpoint questions within each chapter
- All of the Review Questions at the end of chapters
Be sure to understand the content of the questions and answers from end-of-chapter. They may be worded differently than stated in the textbook.
- It wouldn't hurt to go through the Flash Cards at http://webdevfoundations.net, which are available for each chapter. This will help you to recognize definitions and HTML elements that you might see in objective type questions.
A few examples of essay and coding questions are:
- How are thumbnail images configured?
- What is an image map?
- Briefly describe two of the CSS debugging techniques mentioned in Chapter 6.
- Describe the four principles of visual design.
- Describe the four principles of accessibility,
- Explain the difference between a CSS class and an id.
- Provide a definition OR give code example of ARIA.
- What is the function of the CSS clear property?
- Write the CSS code for a column with the following specifications
- the id is called column2
- the column is designed to float to the left of the browser window
- the width is 400 pixels
- It has a solid purple border at the right that is 3 pixels thick
- Write the CSS code to do the following to the anchors of an class called submenu:
- remove the underlines
- change the font color to #006400
A few examples of Multiple Choice questions are:
- Select the three most common methods of organizing websites.
- horizontal, vertical, and diagonal
- hierarchical, linear, and random
- accessible, readable, maintainable
- none of the above
- A(n) _______ is a smaller version of a larger image, and is often linked to that larger image?
- Set list-style-type to the value ______ to hide the display of the list markers on an ordered list.
- Which attribute below can be applied to an anchor tag to open a link in a new browser window?
- Which of the following is an example of a descendant selector used to configure a list within an id called menu?
- #menu ul
- ul .menu
- menu #li
- #menu, ul