Study Guide 3 Spring 2018
HTML Chapters 8, 9, 10,
and some topics covered during class
- Chapters 8, 9, 10
- The mobile design section from Chapter 7
- Other topics that we worked on in class
- There will be NO QUESTIONS about dropdown menus
Study the following Test #3:
- Your written notes and practice exercises.
- All of the Checkpoint questions within each chapter
- All of the Review Questions at the end of chapters
Be sure to understand the content of the questions and answers from end-of-chapter. They may be worded differently than stated in the textbook.
- It wouldn't hurt to go through the Flash Cards at http://webdevfoundations.net, which are available for each chapter. This will help you to recognize definitions and HTML elements that you might see in objective type questions.
A few examples of questions are:
- Why is price not the most important consideration in choosing a web host? Also, list 3 of the other factors to be considered. Your answer must be based on the checklist from the textbook and/or those covered on your homework assignment.
- What is the purpose of using a table on a webpage?
- Describe one coding technique that increases the accessibility of an HTML table.
- How is the text contained within a <th> element displayed in a browser? That is, what are the two formatting features that the <th> displays?
- Explain the difference between pseudo elements and pseudo classes.
- Explain each part of the following media query:
@media only screen and (max-width: 1024px)
- What is the meaning of the @keyframe rule? Also, based on what we covered in class, what are the parts of it?
- Where are favicons placed within a webpage?
A few examples of Multiple Choice questions are:
- In CSS, gradients are applied to which property?
- none of the above
- Which of the following font units is recommended for mobile display?
- pt unit
- px unit
- em unit
- cm unit
- You would like to conduct a survey and ask your web page visitors to vote for their favorite search engine. They may only choose one answer. Which of the following form controls is best to use for this purpose?
- check box
- radio button
- text box
- scrolling text box
- Forms contain various types of__________, such as text boxes and buttons, which accept information from a web page visitor.
- hidden elements
- form controls
- To group a number of form controls visually on the page, use the ____ element.
- Which HTML element can be used in CSS to display a table with a border?
- Which HTML tag pair is used to specify table headings?
- <td> </td>
- <th> </th>
- <head> </head>
- <tr> </tr>
- Which CSS property specifies the background color of a table?
- Which HTML tag would configure a scrolling text box with the name “comments”, 2 rows, and 30 characters?
- <textarea name="comments" width="30" rows="2"></textarea>
- <input type="textarea" size="30" name="comments" rows="2">
- <textarea name="comments" rows="2" cols="30"></textarea>
- <input type="comments" rows="2" name="comments" cols="30">