Study Guide, Final Exam
The Final Exam is cumulative. The format is multiple choice, short answers such as "list" or "name", and one coding exercise.
Start by studying the questions from the previous study guides and tests.
Then study the following from the recent chapters:
- What is an algorithm, and what are the steps involved?
- What are the 5 steps used in displaying text?
- Who coined the term debugging?
- Know the tips for debugging as described in Chapter 11.
- How to convert an integer to a float.
The only coding that you will have is the one described and shown below. A total of 15 minutes will be allotted for it. However, the wise student will do it ahead of time because there will be no changes to it.
Instructions for coding exercies:
Goal: You are to create a Holiday greeting with text and trees.
- Window size is 500 x 400.
- Create a for( ) or while( ) loop with variables to represent the following numbers for the first tree:
- top of tree is 30x and 300y
- right of tree is 60x and 360y
- left of tree is 0x and 360y
- for the tree stump, I suggest rectMode(CENTER). Then do whatever it takes to make it work. Any width and height will do.
- colors are any shade of brown and green.
- For the text:
- Create any 5 short lines of text appropriate for a holiday greeting.
- Set text to textAlign(CENTER);
- Use a font other than the default. It's okay if it doesn't show up on my computer the same.
- First 2 lines are large red letters, e.g. 34
- Second 2 lines are smaller green letters.
- Last line goes back to large red letters.
There is no special, trick, or sophisticated about the text. Just use
Example 17-1 as a guide. Then go a little beyond because there are
5 lines rather than 1.