INTRODUCTION TO WIX.COM
Goal: Obtain a Wix account and start learning how to use it. Simply do these things:
- Sign Up
- Choose Category. Click GO
- Click on “Template”, then choose the subcategory you wish
- Click Edit this Site
- Take a screenshot of your original page. You will submit this as screenshot to show how your customized site has changed.
Theme for your practice:
As you practice using Wix.com, your goal is to create an autobiography website.
(You may use Latin text from BlindTextGenerator if you wish, but do not use the existing placeholder text from Wix.) I want you to really engage avoid aimless practice. Therefore, you will have a definite focus of creating your own biographical website.
So in summary, you can use placeholder text, but real headings. Your site should have at least 4 pages. Example topics are:
Home || The Early Years || Education || Career Plans
At minimum, try these few edits:
- Personalize the top banner area.
- Do not use ANY OF the existing placeholder text or images. Use Latin text from BlindTextGenerator.
- Add your own photos or stock photos from the internet.
- Change the site’s colors – background and colors.
- Don’t just “change images”, but add a few images to a totally new positions on the page.
- Change some of the navigation pages.
- Add a link to your favorite website.
- Change the width of a textbox; then add another one next to it.
- Save the website.
- Publish the website.
Note that when you click SUBMIT, it says Congratulations and shows your web address beneath the word.
Share your web address (URL) with me in a dropbox called "Initial Wix Practice."